Try our great Christmas recipes
ROI - 1850 404 567
NI - 0800 085 1683
Sausage and breadcrumb stuffing
This is a lighter stuffing and you can change the ingredients depending on how you prefer it. To see more information on stuffing and cooking your turkey to perfection then see our christmas leaflet.
- 1 onion
- 10 slices of white bread (500g)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh sage or dried sage
- 1 tbs vegtable oil
- 50g butter
- salt and pepper
- Make breadcrumbs by rubbing the bread slices against the grater, or if you have a food processor then blend until small bread crumbs are created
- Chop the onion finely
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook until softbut not brown. Remove from the heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and sage. Add a little salt and ground black pepper.
- Use mixture to stuff into the cavity turkey before roasting, filling no more than 10% the weight of the bird. See our turkey calculator for more details on cooking times.