Try our great recipes or submit your leftover favourites!
ROI - 1850 404 567
NI - 0800 085 1683
Turkey stock gives this soup a delicious flavour.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Ground black pepper
- 2 onions
- A little salt if liked
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup cooked turkey
- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium turnip
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 medium potatoes
- 11 litres turkey stock
- 1 cup red or green lentils
- 1 leek
- Heat oil gently in a large saucepan.
- Peel and chop the onions, add to the oil and cook gently.
- Add coriander and stir well.
- Peel and chop carrots, turnip, parsnips and potatoes and add to onions and coriander.
- Add turkey stock and stir. Bring soup to a boil and then turn the heat down so soup is simmering.
- Wash lentils in a sieve under a cold tap and add to soup. Stir well and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Wash the leek and remove tough outer leaves. Slice into rings and add to soup with ground black pepper.
- Add the cooked turkey and cook the soup for 20-30 minutes till lentils are soft. Add a little water if necessary.
- Season with ground black pepper and a little salt if liked, to bring out the flavour of the vegetables.
- Serve with wheaten or crusty bread. This soup can be kept in a covered bowl in the fridge for two days after cooking or can be frozen.