Sage and breadcrumb stuffing
A lighter stuffing - Suitable for vegetarians
This is a lighter stuffing and you can change the ingredients depending on how you prefer it.
Ingredients - Serves 12 Adults
- 1 medium onion
- 500g / 1 lb of wholemeal bread - around 13½ slices
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 50g / 2 oz. of butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make breadcrumbs by rubbing the bread slices against the grater, or if you have a food processor then blend until small bread crumbs are created
- Chop the onion and garlic finely. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft but not brown. Remove from the heat
- Add the breadcrumbs and sage. Add a little salt and ground black pepper
- Use mixture to stuff into the cavity turkey before roasting.
Serve on the side of your Christmas dinner. Homemade stuffing also tastes great in a leftovers sandwich!
Fill no more than 10% the weight of the bird when stuffing.
Click here for more details
1/12 of the recipe contains
of an adult's reference intake
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion (59g)|
|Fat||9.1g || 5.4g|
|(of which saturates)||4.2g || 2.5g|
|Carbohydrate||28.3g || 16.7g|
|(of which sugars)||3g || 1.8g|
|Protein||7.6g || 4.5g|
|Salt||1g || 0.6g|
|Fibre||5.6g || 3.3g|