1. The Take Away My Way cookery competition is an initiative between St. Angela’s College, Lough Gill, Sligo and safefood,7 Eastgate Avenue, Little Island, Co. Cork.
2. No payment is required to enter the competition.
3. By entering the competition entrants are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions and be bound by them.
4. All students in post-primary schools on the island of Ireland and Youthreach centres in the Republic of Ireland (ROI) are eligible to enter the competition
5. All entries to the competition must be genuine; must be the work of the student who submits the entry; must not contain material that is inappropriate or offensive.
6. Only individual entries will be accepted. No class or group entries will be accepted. Only one entry per person is accepted.
7. The Take Away My Way competition has two categories:
Junior including Junior Cycle (ROI) and Key Stage 3 (NI)
Senior including Senior Cycle & Youthreach (ROI), Key Stage 4 & Years 13 & 14 (NI)
8. Students are asked to cook and provide the recipe for a healthier version of their favourite takeaway dish.
9. All parts of the entry form must be completed and entries must include a photograph of the finished dish. Dishes MUST be photographed on a plain white plate or in typical, simple take away packaging such as a box or foil container.
10. Students must supply all ingredients required to cook their dish in the school/centre setting. Students may also cook their dish at home.
11. Completed entries must be uploaded online to www.safefood.eu/takeawaymyway OR posted to St. Angela’s College, Lough Gill, Co. Sligo.
12. All entries must be received no later than 5pm on the Friday 22nd February 2013.
13. No responsibility will be taken by St. Angela’s College for any entries which are damaged, lost or received after the closing date. Entries will not be returned.
14. Full details of the competition are available at www.safefood.eu/takeawaymyway
Take Away My Way cookery competition all-island finals
15. The all-island finals will take place on 8th may (Junior) and 9th May (Senior) 2013 in St. Angela’s College, Sligo. Students must be available to attend the all-island final if they are selected.
16. A total of 32 (16 junior and 16 senior) entries will be selected to go forward to the all-island final based on the entries submitted.
17. All entries will be judged by a team of experts and the judges’ decision is final.
18. Finalists under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, teacher or guardian to the all-island final.
19. All travel and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the students and families and are not covered by the competition organisers.
20. St. Angela’s College will provide the ingredients for the purpose of the all-island finals with the exception of specialist ingredients. This will be communicated to all finalists prior to the final.
21. St. Angela’s College will provide all equipment required for the all-island final with the exception of serving dishes or typical, simple take away packaging such as a box or foil container and any specialist cooking dish required. This will be communicated to all finalists prior to the final.
22. Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to prizes for students, schools and teachers.
23. All decisions of the Take Away My Way judging panel will be final and binding. No further correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winning student in the Junior and Senior Category will receive one iPad each. The winning students’ classes will receive a voucher for a one day visit to Neven Maguire’s Cookery School. For a full list of prizes, including teacher, runner-up and school prizes visit www.safefood.eu/takeawaymyway
25. The competition organisers reserve the right to use the recipes and photos in promotional material.
26. Entrants may be required by the competition organisers to participate in publicity activities including interviews, photo and/ or video sessions. The competition organisers reserve the right to use such material in any reasonable manner deemed fit.
29. Entry materials submitted becomes the sole property the Take Away My Way cookery competition and may be used for marketing purposes.